Monday, June 16, 2014 - 3:49pm
UPDATE: Probe continues into man's drowning death in Salisbury
Updated Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 4:01pm
A preliminary investigation indicates that a Salisbury man drowned Monday morning, when a body was found in the water near the spillway at the city park.
Police say an autopsy also determined that the victim had not sustained a head injury, as previously reported by a forensic investigator on the scene Monday.
The cause of 25-year-old Rodney Stevenson Junior's death is still under investigation, and a full autopsy report is expected to take several weeks.
Salisbury Police also say there are no signs of foul play associated with his death at this point.
Stevenson was walking from his home on Ohio Avenue to a destination on East Main Street near Mount Hermon Road.
He was found dead about half-an-hour after he left home.
Copyright © May 26, 2016, Delaware 105.9/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- TrafficWatch: Multi-vehicle crash closes Route 1 north of Dover
- Marsh fire near south side of Indian River Bay
- AUDIO: Facing investigation, IRSD board accepts district's CFO retirement request
- DEC issues a 'Beat the Peak'
- DelDOT Offers Tips for Travelers Headed to the Beaches this Summer
- AUDIO: Third times the charm for 'Homeless Persons' Bill of Rights'
- BirdWatch Update: piping plovers may hatch soon at Cape Henlopen State Park
- Teen faces theft, drug-related charges following pursuit, crash
- Milford man sentenced to 180 months in prison for receipt of child porn
- Judge tells Verizon unions strike violence is unacceptable
- Delaware National Guard HQ to unveil Beau Biden signs
- Police Activity Sparks Hour-Long Bay Bridge Span Closure
- 2 State Welcome Centers Reopen After 6-Year Shutdown
- Gold Alert Issued for Elderly, Missing Dover Woman
- Restaurant Employee Shot After Attempted Robbery
- 1 Driver Dead, 1 Hurt in 2-Car Collision in Greenville
- DNREC Police Remind Boaters to NOT Drink and Boat
- 3 Swimmers Rescued from Ocean at Jersey Shore
- Judge Says Dismissal of Beekeeper's Lawsuit Won't Fly
- New Jersey Considers Smoking Ban at Public Beaches, Parks
- Two Cats Killed in Rehoboth Beach House Fire
- AUDIO: Ocean City, MD Police Ready for Memorial Day Weekend
- Maryland Officials to Discuss Zika Virus Prevention
- UPDATE: Baltimore Officers Charged in Prisoner Death Sue State
- Philadelphia Airport Breached Twice in 2015, Once in 2016
- Gunman Robs Cigarette Store in Bear
- Former School of 'Dancing With the Stars' Winner Rejoices
- Antares Rocket "Hot Fire Test" Scheduled for May 31
- New Jersey lawmakers advance Atlantic City rescue package
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to ban smoking at beaches, parks
- Prison guards accuse of smuggling drugs, phones to inmates