Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 7:43am
UPDATED: Mountaire Driver Sustains Minor Injuries in Bridgeville Crash
Updated Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 4:30pm
UPDATED AT 8:30 a.m.: Delaware State Police say the driver of a Mountaire chicken truck sustained only minor cuts and scrapes when his truck overturned Thursday morning in Bridgeville.
Police say the crash happened just after 6 a.m. on Redden Road at Cedars Corner Road; police say the driver mis-judged a curve in the road and ran off the road and hit a telephone pole before overturning.
Police say the truck was carrying frozen chicken.
The accident and clean-up closed a portion of Redden Road for several hours.
A Delaware Electric Cooperative pole was also hit by the truck, and a few dozen members were without power for a short time.
Copyright © May 26, 2016, Delaware 105.9/Delmarva Broadcasting Company. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
| Latest News
- AUDIO: Facing investigation, IRSD board accepts district's CFO retirement request
- Fatal crash under investigation in Kent Co.
- AUDIO: Third times the charm for 'Homeless Persons' Bill of Rights'
- Prison guards accuse of smuggling drugs, phones to inmates
- DelDOT Offers Tips for Travelers Headed to the Beaches this Summer
- BirdWatch Update: piping plovers may hatch soon at Cape Henlopen State Park
- Teen faces theft, drug-related charges following pursuit, crash
- Milford man sentenced to 180 months in prison for receipt of child porn
- Judge tells Verizon unions strike violence is unacceptable
- Delaware National Guard HQ to unveil Beau Biden signs
- Police Activity Sparks Hour-Long Bay Bridge Span Closure
- 2 State Welcome Centers Reopen After 6-Year Shutdown
- Gold Alert Issued for Elderly, Missing Dover Woman
- Restaurant Employee Shot After Attempted Robbery
- 1 Driver Dead, 1 Hurt in 2-Car Collision in Greenville
- DNREC Police Remind Boaters to NOT Drink and Boat
- 3 Swimmers Rescued from Ocean at Jersey Shore
- Judge Says Dismissal of Beekeeper's Lawsuit Won't Fly
- New Jersey Considers Smoking Ban at Public Beaches, Parks
- Two Cats Killed in Rehoboth Beach House Fire
- AUDIO: Ocean City, MD Police Ready for Memorial Day Weekend
- Maryland Officials to Discuss Zika Virus Prevention
- UPDATE: Baltimore Officers Charged in Prisoner Death Sue State
- Philadelphia Airport Breached Twice in 2015, Once in 2016
- Gunman Robs Cigarette Store in Bear
- Former School of 'Dancing With the Stars' Winner Rejoices
- Antares Rocket "Hot Fire Test" Scheduled for May 31
- New Jersey lawmakers advance Atlantic City rescue package
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to ban smoking at beaches, parks